Culbreth, Carr, Watson Animal Clinic: The goal of this 1-year internship is to provide focused mentorship to new graduate and recently graduated veterinarians so they will have a solid foundation for a successful career in Veterinary Emergency Medicine.
· All interns will be scheduled on shift with a Mentor Veterinarian
· Introduction to Practice Ownership
· Comfort with soft tissue surgeries including spay neuter, lump removals, cystotomies etc. (Any additional specialty that is offered at this site)
· Routine coaching around case management and goals
· Post Internship Opportunities Available!!
We provide a structured and mentored program to develop emergency veterinary clinicians who are learning clinical, communication, and personal skills to allow a long and satisfying career in emergency veterinary medicine.
This emergency medicine internship allows the intern to be immersed in emergency medicine within the first week by being the primary clinician seeing a wide range of emergencies. The intern is always scheduled on shift with a senior clinician dedicated to mentoring and ensuring your success while allowing the intern to be the primary clinician.
The intern will also be supervised in surgery with the goal to have them competent in emergency soft tissue surgeries such as C-sections, pyometra, gastronomy, enterotomy, gastropexy, and splenectomy.
By the end of the internship year, we expect the intern will be well-versed in most ECC presentations and be proficient in typical ECC skills, procedures, and surgeries. At the completion of the internship, the intern will be highly marketable and capable of comfortably going into any emergency veterinary facility with the tools to succeed.